The 2am Friend
Beitrag auf Deutsch
I have many friends. At least that’s what my facebook tells me. But are these friends really my friends? What is a good friend? How do you define a very close friend?
Well, here are my thoughts about that.
Let’s call a very close friend the 2am friend.
The 2am friend…
- You get encouraged when you are around him
- You expect his feedback to be honest and straight forward
- You know that he loves you no matter what
- You expect to keep everything private you tell him in private
- You call at 2am and don’t feel like you are bothering him
If this is the 2am friend I don’t have many.
It’s normal just to have one or two.
Let’s take it a step further.
Am I the 2am friend for someone?
If I’m the 2am friend…
- I find ways to encourage him everytime we meet
- I give him straight forward feedback right in the face
- I will love him no matter what he just did
- I protect his privacy and never talk bad behind his back
- I am honored to get a call at 2am from my friend in need
I found this to be challenging
During the last couple of weeks this thought has been following me around and made me think a lot different about how I live out my friendships.
I want to be a 2am friend for someone and I need a 2am friend in my life.
Trying to be a good parent I often ask my doughter in her frustration of not having many friends at school. — «ARE YOU A FRIEND TO SOMEONE?
Everytime I have said that it was ringing in my head longer than in hers. I think.
- Think about who your 2am friends are?
- Do you know for who you are the 2am friend?